Welcome to First Light Community Foundation
The First Light Community Foundation is a not for profit foundation based in Hawke’s Bay committed to supporting communities through funds raised by gaming machines in hotels and taverns.
Please read the following information
Internet Browsers to use while applying: You may use any of the browsers listed below for making your application:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer 9 (or higher)
- If you are having problems uploading documents, please make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player which you can get by visiting https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Please use the Previous and/or Next Page buttons found at the bottom of your grant application to navigate to the different steps of your application. Similarly you can also click on the steps list below the progress wheel of your grant application to navigate to the different steps you wish.
Criteria for applying: Before making your application, please review the criteria for being able to apply for a grant and the list of material that requires uploading and all relevant information needed to complete your application. This is all contained in the FAQ's. To view, please click on the FAQ's in the application toolbar above.
Saving and leaving your application: You may leave your application at any stage, and by clicking the Save and Next Page button on any page, your application will be saved.
Re-entering your application: You may re-enter your application at any time using the return link that will be sent to you by email once you have entered your email details in the application.
Tracking your application: Once you have submitted your application, you may track its progress, add other users to your account, amend your details, and make more applications by using the applicant portal login at the top of the application tool bar above.
Confirmation of receipt: Once your application has been submitted, we will send you a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of the application and inform you when your application will be considered.
Types/Forms of ID required: For question(s) that request copies of ID from Signatories, please upload a copy of a signatories Driver's License or Passport so the signature is visible with the expiry date shown.
Receiving a Grant: First Light Community Foundation will only consider an application for a Grant if the Organisation or the Organisation’s Project/Activity is located, in one of the following areas;
Hastings District, Wairoa District or within the Hawke’s Bay Region
When making an application, please ensure that either your Organisation’s address or the Project/Activity address or the address of the people delivering the Project/Activity is in one of the locations above. Enter only an address that is in one of these locations, if you do not, your application will not be able to proceed.
First Light Community Foundation gives priority to applications providing benefit to the citizens and organisations in the areas where the funds are raised. The areas are Hastings District and Wairoa District. Applications will not be accepted if they do not meet the above criteria.
We have 12 rounds of grants funding per year
- Completed applications must be received by 5pm on the last day of each month to be considered at the following monthly grants meeting.
- The Directors generally meet on or about the 20th of each month and aim to confirm grant decisions within 1-2 working days of the meeting.
- Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered until the next round of funding is open.
Let's get started
To begin click on the First Light Grant button below